#1 Tip For Weight Loss
The practice of mindfulness or mindful eating just may be the most effective weight loss tool! It involves being fully aware of what is happening around you at the moment and encourages you to slow down and pay attention to your food. It helps you focus your senses on exploring the taste, smell, and texture of your food, follow hunger cues, avoid distractions like electronic devices and tv, and to chew your food thoroughly.
It takes about 20 minutes for the brain to register satiety. If you eat too quickly, or while distracted, satiety may occur after overeating. And if you're not digesting your food properly, you may be missing out on important nutrients from the food you're consuming.
Here are some tips to help you eat more mindfully.
1.Take 20 minutes to sit at a table and eat a meal.
2. Try eating with your non-dominant hand or using a pair of chopsticks.
3. Take 3 slow deep breaths before you begin your meal. Three minutes into
your meal, take another 3 slow deep breaths.
4. Notice the taste, texture and smell of your food. Hold the food in your mouth for several minutes while taking notice before swallowing.
5. Take small bites and chew each mouthful of food thoroughly 20-30 times before
swallowing. Place your utensils down between each bite.
6. Before reaching for food, take a breath and ask yourself, "Am I really hungry?" Consider the acronym HALT (hungry, angry, lonely, tired) If you're not hungry, do something else like call a friend, read a book, or go on a short walk.
Of course, there will be times that you rush through a meal. But, if you can practice mindful eating on a regular basis, it can help you reach your weight-loss goals.
To your health & happiness,