Stop Holiday Stress!

 

 

The holidays are once again upon us, and with that tends to come stress.   Stress can show up in many forms and may be affecting your health in ways you may not realize. It has the ability to affect the body, mind, feelings, and behavior. Possibly that nagging headache, lack of sleep or productivity at work; or maybe anxiety, depression, stomach distress, or weight gain is due to stress.  Being able to recognize common stress symptoms and taking proper action is important in helping managing them. 

 

Here's a few simple self care tips to help manage stress this holiday season and forever:

 

1) Move your body at least 30 minutes daily--It can be something as simple as walking. It's free and liberating.

 

2) Breathe deeply & meditate--It relieves anxiety and depression.  

 

3) Ask for help--Really, it's okay to not take everything on yourself. Feeling overwhelmed just adds to your stress levels.

 

4) Forgive yourself and others--I cant imagine anything more healing. Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and hoping it kills the other person.  Let go!

 

5) Don't be too rigid when it comes to food--Follow the 80/20 rule.  Eat mostly whole, unprocessed, real food 80% of the time, and allow yourself to live the other 20%. Meaning, allow yourself that cocktail or treat. When you eat clean 80% of the time, your body allows for forgiveness.  As long as you don't have allergies or sensitivities you will be okay.  

 

Wishing you a stress-free holiday season!

 

xoxo 

 

Amy

 

If you think you are suffering with symptoms from stress, and have not been able to manage them yourself, please do not wait any longer to get help. I got sick at a very young age from stress. I suffered with debilitating stomach pains that interfered with my life for many years.  So, I'm no stranger to the effects stress has on the body.  I'm also happy to say I reversed them through dietary and lifestyle changes, and so can you! If you need help managing stress, let's talk.  You don't need to suffer unnecessarily!

 

 

 

 

"I came to Amy to get off unnecessary prescription medications, learn about healthy eating, and rebalance my life following a difficult period of time.  Amy was phenomenal in helping me to achieve all my goals.  She coached me through my transition off my prescription meds in collaboration with my psychiatrist, which was very difficult for me, and Amy was my rock throughout.  Amy introduced me to healthy foods which led me to changing my eating habits and I lost weight & feel terrific!  Because my needs were so unusual, spanning mental/spiritual health, & nutrition, I was pleasantly surprised to have found Amy and even more pleased that she was able to help with all my needs."  -Jon A.

 

Please reload

Blog

Featured Posts

Why You Should Add These 10 Superfoods to Your Diet

October 9, 2015

1/5
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Follow Me
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Pinterest Icon

NYC Headquarters 

New York, NY 10021

amy.salman@thewellnessmap.org

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

Tel: 917-903-6024

Founder & Holistic Health Coach

© The Wellness Map

2015 by TXTmobiz.